good ol' days
As I was in 3rd period today I was thinking about VA. we moved to VA when i was 4 and moved when i was 9. so i spent 5 years in snow, humidity, heat, rain and hurricanes! I have lived in CA for almost 3 years now and I'm still tripping on the marble floor in our house. (if you have been there you have seen it) but I wasn't thinking about age 4,5,6,7 or 8 I was thinking about my school. I only attended it for 5 year kindergarten 1st grade 2nd grade 3rd grade and 4th grade. I had many friendship that i left behind. I wonder..."do they remember me" "if i ever saw them again would we say hi or be complete strangers?" it seemed so fast now that i think about it. before i knew it we were at daddy's retirement ceremony. (old man voice) yep he really gettin' up der eh' grandpa.
I remember it so well... our house, our street, our what was thought to be a garage, my school but strangely i can't remember my church. I am so used to the one i go to now.
I really miss my old school. I checked it's website as i came home from a grasshopper dissecting day. yes I dissected a grasshopper. Believe it or not they were actually kinda cute! I digress. I saw a button that read "STAFF" so i clicked it. only one of my teachers is still teaching there! my 2nd grade teacher! how weird.
here is a small look at my schools then and sadly enough now. ='(

VA school

CA school
3 comments:
I really think you will be so much happier here. Middle and high school there would have been rough.
Our old building was across from the Potomac River. Does that help? It was a brick building with white columns. Very colonial...much like the area we lived in at the time.
i don't remember :(
Everything we do as we grow helps make us who we are. Not the buildings. It is fun to remember old friends and old schools. I still think about past friends, school days and things like that.
Enjoy your memories and keep growing with your new friends as you make new memories.
Post a Comment